Your parking lot is the first thing customers and potential customers see when driving by or approaching your business. A well-maintained parking lot makes a great first impression, which can add to your brand, reputation, and image. But, a clean, crisp, and smooth parking lot also keeps customers and employees safe.
Benefits of a Well-Maintained Parking Lot
- Give a lasting first impression to customers
- Improves resale value of your property
- Minimizes tenant turnover in commercial properties
- Give pride to employees
- Avoid accidents and falls caused by pot-holes and pavement cracks
- Ensure code compliance for fire and ADA regulations
Asphalt in parking lots is weakened by sun and water, vehicle weight, temperature changes, and flexibility in the pavement. But, as business or property owners there are things you can do to prolong the life of your parking lot and your investment. A couple of important maintenance steps include: removing leaves, branches and other debris from the pavement to prevent moss growth which can break through and weaken pavement; and regularly filing cracks and sealcoating.
For more information on repaving or resurfacing a parking lot for a business, apartment complex, or school, contact Morse Engineering and Construction.